Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Open Topic: Food- What do I like and do not like?

I love eating.

Cooking and eating are one of the top hobbies that I love doing, and I eat all sorts of food. Vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, seafood, Indian, Vietnam, Chinese, Korean, American, of coarse Japanese, Australian. Basically anything except "cream."

I unfortunately cannot understand the deliciousness of whipped cream on cakes or sweets. When I was a child, I could not eat it at all, however, I can eat it now but I do not like it much. I prefer not eating it. I apologize to all the people who cannot live without cream, however, there are people like myself who do not like cream. I wonder why to myself. It may be because it is extremely soft and that it does not feel like I am eating and I cannot think of any other reasons.

When people celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, most of the times there is always a cake and the typical cake that many people seem to love in Japan is "Short cake." Whenever I see that cake, I feel I need to apologize to the person who bought it because even if I was able to eat some, I know that I would not be able to finish a piece. Wonder why, but I am happy to be living on chocolate mud cakes.




3 comments:

  1. Good evening, Uka!
    I was surprised that you don't like the food with whipped cream.
    In stead of eating cakes with whipped cream like short cake, I suggest eating cheese cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yu,

    Thanks for your comment!

    I don't why but I just don't like whipped cream. I'm quite different to many people..

    And you know what, I love cheese cakes! Although I prefer eating the ones that are not soft but the ones that are more...chunky..?

    Maybe I should have a cheese cake for my birthday this year.
    Thanks for your suggestion

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.