Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Draft: "Dear Mum"

I have written a draft.
Please give me any suggestions if you have any.

Dear mum,

I cannot believe it has been almost 20 years since the day I was born, the day you gave birth to me.

Being at this age, becoming 20 in December this year makes me wonder about many things, especially because I am becoming closer to the age that you gave birth to me. Also, becoming an adult..?

What does it mean to become an adult? I have a feeling that there is no definite answer. It depends on the person’s mentality. How did you raise me at the age of 25? When I look back at myself 5 years ago, it doesn’t seem like I have changed drastically and when I think about myself 5 years from now, I do not think I have changed in to what people call adult, however, “making” myself become an adult. Was this the same for you?

To be honest, I have never felt lonely without the presence of my dad. Isn’t that a rare thing? I have heard some single parented people who have felt like that before. And I think the it is because you did everything you could, communicate with other people and met one family that is now what I call “family.” They are not related in blood, but it seems like they are.

I know that raising me must have been more than I am imagining, and I do not know how to thank you. However, I know that I have an aim, this time give you back more than you gave me to raise me, with the greatest appreciation.

Your daughter,

Uka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.