Sunday, October 9, 2011

Open Topic: Feeling special

Do you ever find that the meals cooked "for" you, are just so much more delicious than the meal that you cooked only for yourself..?

The other day, I went to my family's place. Dinner was served and we all ate together. One of the recipes, was exactly the same to what I had had the other day. However, it tasted completely different. The ingredients were the same, the flavoring was the same, and it was the same way that I had cooked. But.. why?? Why did it taste so different? Why was it a hundred times better, much, much more delicious than mine.

It might be because I felt "special" in someway. Humans tend to feel great when they feel wanted or special. For instance, at birthdays, you feel so special to be gifted with many love from your friends and family, although it only lasts for a day and then you're back to reality(reality's great too by the way, but you don't receive that much attention compared to your birthday).

When I was served dinner at my family's place, it obviously felt completely different to my usual lifestyle. Normally I live in the dormitory, cook for myself and serve. It may be hard to understand for the people who live with family's at the moment but I am sure that people like me can understand. When things are done for you, breakfast, lunch, dinner, laundry, ironing, cleaning, when that is the usual lifestyle, you don't really realize that it is extremely special. And I don't think I realized it "fully" if I had not lived away from my family.

So, if this is happening to me, realizing things that it is extremely thankful are really thankful, maybe there is more to realize in my life that I still have not realized...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.